Monday, March 10, 2008

One beary blustery day...

1/2 a chocolate easter egg (thanks Ros! I had the Flake one. Err, but were they meant for Cheeks? Opps.), 1.5 packets of Maggi Mee (assam laksa), 1 mug of milky tea, and a couple of Charlie and Lola episodes after, I am not closer to shaking off this 'blue bug' that's been plaguing me all day.

It's going to be a sluggish, dreary week what with depressing reports from the 'Bay-bay-say' on v stormy weather ahead. When Cheeks and I popped out to her nursery and the supermarket, we could already see varying levels of devastation left in the wake of them raging winds - mangled, turned-out brollies, fallen sign boards, stray dustbin lids - littering the pavements.

It is so NOT umbrella weather.

And I'm in desperate need of a laugh.

Yet, I find out later, it takes very little to lift the spirits.

There's no wow factor in the activity Cheeks and I engaged in. So alright, we baked again. What's new?

The thing is, despite the rather frequent sessions, baking remains a big deal for me.

You see, I am not prodigiously adept in baking, cooking or anything that involves being holed up in the kitchen for hours on end. It takes some measure of willpower to get me into that part of the house, much less work from it. So whenever we complete a 'kitcheny project', I can't help but feel a tremendous sense of achievement.

I got this recipe off a blogsite Roslyn directed me to. And I think it's amazing. The recipes are easy to follow and the author of the blog is - get this - a mother of TWO... now wait for it...BOYS! Honestly, I don't know how these mothers do it. I find myself constantly floored...

So anyhoo, Cheeks and I slaved all afternoon to create these:

Beary milo biscuits!

Will you take a look at that ginormous grin on her face? Now that, was all I needed to quell the pesky blue bug.

6 comments:

Roslyn said...

CUte!!!!!

Daughter Of Sarah said...

I like!!!!!!! =)~~~ Do the bear family members get to try?? =D

Letz bake together when u get back!

Miss ya so much. At my Aunt's place now, so I have some time online. I definitely miss having internet access.

Just posted a ton of postcards. I spend my time with kae, experimenting at cooking, researching recipes, feeding my hubby and friends (my guinea pigs), doing housework and reading reading reading.

We just got the hubstation but the tv is down =p So gotta wait for ian to be free to pick up his old one from Jurong. =)

Kae is staying over coz it is March Hols... but no com, no tv ha ha. So we've been playing board games and reading. My handphone's games have being his other source of entertainment.

Dad comes over everyday as well to visit because 1) misses Kae 2) get away from someone (umm u know who). Lol.

Clara said...

I tried the bear cookie and they were yums! Dani picked one for me which didn't have a ear! :)

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I'm inspired :)

Val

As The Deer said...

Now I want an oven so bad...

Daughter Of Sarah said...

HURRAH CHI CHI! We got our oven at Mustafa earlier (the toaster oven died lah so Ian said just get an oven suak suak HEHE)... I am going to start baking and roasting and grilling... oh happy is moi!