Thursday, March 20, 2008

Before Easter

I'm listening to tracks from Maria Lanza: The Essential Collection off iTunes. Picked up the CD while out on a jaunt to Sainsbury's. For 2 quid, I get a double CD of his ultimate hits. Woot! But geez, how my tastes in music are changing, and mirroring those of my Dad's. Point to note.

There are days where Hubs looks at me fixedly and utters 4 'magical' words - You. Should. Blog. This.

Today, is one such day.

Hubs would like me to remember TODAY - carve it in stone for all eternity if you will - because (he thinks) it marks a milestone for me.

I successfully baked a cake. He loved it.

And there you have it. In 2 disjointed sentences. My ONE achievement for 2008.

Then began his sagely speech on the virtues of practice, how MIL didn't get to where she is without practice... lah dee dah.

Bottomline, he's proud of me. But geez, I feel like a 5YO getting a smiley star for a job well done? Fine, shall not be ungrateful. He's a v supportive hub and I'm truly, truly blessed. I know that. I married him, didn't I? :)

I don't have a pretty picture of the banana cake (recipe courtesy of Happy Home Baking ) but no matter. Me blogging this is all I need to conjure the image of him enjoying morsel after morsel in my mind.

So what happened over the course of the week? I feel like I have to religiously jot down my weekly goings-on, from now up till the day we leave. Which, we've set on 20 July, btw. Hey, I sound pretty calm revealing this over blogosphere! Did I mention the vigorous heart palpitation as I typed THE DATE out?! Breathe, breathe, breathe...

Loads to look forward to though, going back - minor renovations to the flat, getting Cheeks settled into a new nursery, thinking about work options, and of course celebrating my 33rd year on Planet Earth! I haven't had a proper celebration in yonks so methinks a nice party is in order, eh boys and girls? *WINK*

Coming back to the week's events. 'Twas a usual week, dappled with some sunny highlights:

  • Went through 3 new DVDs - Annie Hall, Shadowlands (cried buckets!), & On Golden Pond -- Val, they'll be heading your way!
  • Lovely playdate @ Yao's
  • Cheeks made Easter cards for her fav friends at nursery - Poppy, Hannah, Sebestian (but of course)
  • Made that deeeeeeelicious banana cake
Also, here's a bit of personal trivia I thought I'd share. I'm in luuuuurv truly. madly. deeply with COUSCOUS!

For the past 2ish weeks, I've been scoffing down bowls of these fluffy grains at PRACTICALLY EVERY MEAL! I'm compulsive, I know I know. I fear I'll have to chow down bags full of cc till I finally tire of it, or die of excessive consumption, whichever comes first. Man, I really LOVE that stuff! That, and marks&sparks 'Percy Pig'. Me be nibblin' on Percy's ears now. Chew-weeee!

And lastly,

HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND, y'all!
We're off to Cornwall!

2 comments:

Pooh said...

ok.. when u get back.. u should bake a cake for us to try...just to make sure there's no bias. heehee..

Anonymous said...

Yippee, I can now expect DVDs and cake? :) Lovely cards, Danielle!

Tea on Friday?

Val