Friday, November 16, 2007

Oh what the heck

If you're in complete bafflement why I keep blogging my baking exploits despite the botched attempts, well, I have only a few words for you -- get over it.

I've stopped 'the therapy', but then decided I WOULD NOT be defeated by the streak of baking misadventures involving sawdust cookies and cardcakes (oh no, no typo error here). So I decided to give it another go.

Behold! My latest kitchen exploit:


I LOVE banoffee and I cannot lie.

It was good. Sinfully good. So sinfully delish that my bigass butt has now been reduced (the irony! the irony!) to just BIGASS. (And yes, I WILL keep making references to my sizeable arse, so there!)

I am triumphant! Woooaaarrhhh! * barbaric yawp*

Cheeks was eager to assist during the preparation. She helped to crush the cookies for the base, and gleefully licked the whisk clean of ALL the excess cream.

And. She slept at 11pm tonight. Oh, go figure if you wish.

Pardon the sudden segue from baking to matrimonial news but I just wanted to announce it's my 5th wedding anniversary today! It is also my parents', what, 40th anniversary? Yes, we got married on the same day some 30-odd years apart. How cool is that? =)

Happy Anniversary, Mum and Dad!

I'll try to blog the day's events later but for now, the sketchy plan involves a trip to the hairsalon (me. YES! Am getting a haircut! Wish me luck!), dropping Danielle off at nursery (also me), shopping for a new worksuit for Dee since he decided to break out of his clothes like the Incredible Hulk, only sans the muscles, and oh, being green and all (Da Hulk). *rolleyes* How exciting eh? 14 years together and we've got a haircut listed as one of the programmes.

Whoop. pee.

Oooerr, I kinda like this picture of me and Hubs.
Makes him look defenseless to my 'wily' charms.
(Cheeks looks on, wondering what she
did to deserve such a maniacal
mum)

2 comments:

Roslyn said...

Congrats! A toast to your happy marriage and many more blissful years to come. Wow! Been together for so long!

Anonymous said...

hey Happy Anniversary!!..:)

Hope Dee likes his presents. Let me know how it goes..:) Pix of him and his present pls..

Good luck with your haircut. Maybe they will make a Posh spice out of you..:)

Oh Aunty and Uncle Wee.. Happy Anniversary too..:) Many more golden years to come..