Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Uh-huh, that's her alright

If there's one surefire way of confirming that Danielle is really, truly, ABSOTIVELY my daughter, this little fella would be it - this brown, oval-shaped, thinly-shelled, chock-full of protein-y goodness.

(last Tuesday)

D: Mum-may, why do we peel eggs?
M: Becoz we don't eat the shell. It's hard & crunchy, cheekyboo.
D: Why?
M: The shell protects the babychick that's inside. Or if there's no chick, it protects the lovely boiled egg inside.
D: Why?
M: Well, the shell protects the egg till we eat it. Keeps it safe...
D: Why?
M: Becoz God made it this way.
D: Why?
M: (what the...) Erm, don't you like to eat eggs, Danielle? Don't you like to peel the shell off to eat what's inside? The eggwhite and the yummy yellow yolk?
D: (thinks for a bit)
D: Oh yes please! I LOVE EGGS! (wide beam)
M: I love eggs too!
D: We love EGGGGGGGGGGS!

Oh yeah, that's my girl.

Come to think of it, I should've asked her whether she'd like to sell them too, i.e consider eggselling as a profession.

Coz that would totally seal the deal, wouldn't it, girls? :)

Mmmm-mmmm


I've got sunshine
On a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside,
I've got the month of May.

Well, I guess you'll say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl. (My girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl. (My girl)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyo.. so cute!!!...


She goes " My Girl.. My Girl"
*flash her big grin*..

Ya, she does sound like Lola..:)

Going to watch it again..

heehee

Pooh said...

aieeeee.... so adorable with her Brit twang.

heehee...we'll make a singer out of her yet.

As The Deer said...

She is such a heartbreaker... =)

Ian was going - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo when he heard her accent... lol. HE keeps complaining Little Nell has been British-fied.

ME? I am going - MORE MORE OF DANIELLE SPEAKING INTO THE CAMERA PUHLEAZE! =D

She is such a sunshine!

Pooh said...

hahaha... showed this to my colleagues... all of them are so taken with her. :D

Unknown said...

her brit accent is SO cute!! ya, more of her speaking please!

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! She has a British accent!! Syl.. she's such a beauty!! She's really really very very adorable!!

Skiver A

Anonymous said...

Ok Saggs, I hope this will satisfy you and that you will stop asking pple to write about eggs!!

Ok what exactly you want us to say about the eggs?? Except maybe When Syl was young, her ambition was to sell eggs.. and I think we may have a nickname for her.. Oh Oh I remember! Gor kak Neng!! Wait a min.. or was it something else?

Darn.. need ginko nuts..