Monday, July 09, 2007

Read, set, phweeeet!

Danielle had her first ever Sports Day today. It was held on the bowling greens at Clapham Common, near the tennis courts.

I must say, it was brilliantly organised by her playschool. The kids had tons of fun competing in the various races. I laughed so hard at some of their antics, I'm certain I've raptured a vessel somewhere!

Some things I found out about my daughter's dexterity (or the apparent lack of) - whilst she's not adept at balancing things on her head (yet? or not ever?), she certainly delivers a powerful KICK!

Take a look!


3 comments:

As The Deer said...

Hahaha... I know what U mean. Everytime I watch Kae and the other little ones at the Sports Day, I cannot stop giggling at them - all so cute, so serious yet excited and happy all at once... and their cheering... aiyo. I feel proud when I watch each an everyone of them go - like I'd root for Kae and then the other kids and all.

I'd love to be a child all over again & just remember how simple happiness was. But... hmmm... I actually still can... I am a child in our Heavenly Daddy's eyes. He has been plastering my internal stab wounds and blisters a lot this week. =)

Anonymous said...

What a bright sunny day in the park cf to your previous entry..

Gosh.... the kids pixs are a delight!! Brighten up your day just looking at the kids bouncing, running and having so much fun.. even with a simple mat??? ..heehhee

And i spy you making dash for the finishing line.. Go Girl, do us proud..:) hehee

Hugs ..

Pooh said...

After a whole day of packing, shredding, moving, dust, sweat and dirt, this just brings such a huge smile to my face.
:D