Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Thirty-Two and helluva thankful

I'm officially 32. And when you're 365 days older like I am today, you're jolted to a realisation that:

  • instead of looking fab, you are a sad-looking flab-bag.
  • there is no way in hell you're going to look like other irritatingly gorgeous and va-va-voom vampish looking 30ish YOs the likes of Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie, Victoria Beckham (??!), without undergoing MAJOR nip & tuck, collagen and botox injections, hairdyes, gruelling sessions with personal trainers, luxurious spa treatments, facials... oh dang, every manner of beauty treatment known to women!
  • there is a perfectly good reason why it is called the gluteus MaXiMus. I mean seriously, it WILL NOT shrink. Or, in my case, stop sagging. Not ever, ever, EVER!

But enough of superficialities. To me, being 32 this year has been more about:

  • POWER. How else can I badger Cheekyboo and Hubs to do my every bidding (well, almost), sing my bday song on demand, smother me with kisses and cuddles, and stuff me silly with all the junk I love?!
  • CONTENTMENT. Mel, when she's not busy spaming me, sometimes sends me meaningful nuggets of wisdom such as this --The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems, but those who learn to live with things that are less than perfect. Contentment - it comes with age. This doesn't mean I stop striving for perfection. I'm merely more accepting when things fall short of fab. I far from live a perfect life but I am nevertheless content. Why? For all its shortcomings and imperfections, I still have much to thank God for -- my life, my wonderful family, my luverly friends, and for loving a silly ol' sinner like me.
  • LOVE. How better to spend a birthday than with countless emails, sms-es, phonecalls, e-cards, presents in the mail, a dedicated blog entry, and 2 hilarious, warm fuzzy homevideos from the girls. (I'd love to show them on this blog but I need their permission first! Drop by again for updates, if any) I feel ever so loved...

Being 32 can't get any better than this.

Thank you all for remembering and for taking the effort to make this flab-bag the happiest girl in the world today.

xx

Saggs

6 comments:

Pooh said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!
:D

Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie & Victoria Beckham? Dun you know they are mostly plastic? I'm sure Dee prefers "al Naturale".

Unknown said...

happy birthday, dear!

I am "B" said...

Glad you loved the vids...sorry tt i looked more distracted trying to stuff your Crocs back into zee plastic bag! Hahahahaha... Got an earful frm zee PREGNANT one...

And PUH-LEEEZE don't talk to me abt lookg like a FLAB-BAG? I look like a BAG LADY now! Sheesh... can't even bear to look at meself in zee mirror these days... just busy pumpin' pumpin' away! Sigh... me a full-time cow!

Can't wait to get zee Crocs to thy lovely feet...hohoho... hope you'll love zee beetles & butterfly accessories... Mabes & I chose it .. :-)

Oriana and Reuben said...

next birthday i'll buy you a botox injection if you want :-P

As The Deer said...

I'd love to start belting Christina Aguilera's song that goes "You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down... You are beautiful in every single way.
Yes, words can't bring you down..."

... But I dun have her powerful lungs. =D

mummy linda said...

jus come back.

hAppY belated birthday! :) can only offer u firming cream when u r back. :P