Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Dream a little dream...

I had it all planned out:

  • 7am - wakeup, washup
  • 7:10am - bolt out of door, hop onto bus 155 to Balham High Street
  • Wait in line for Sainsbury's to open their jaws, or doors as they insist on calling 'em (whatever, I say!)
  • Make a beeline for that 5 pound bag
  • Impt note to self: in event of a man pile, be sure to shove all others to the ground (in manner of Daniellosaurus), clutch bag with herculean strength, whilst (all the time) professing undying allegiance to ALL Green projects henceforth!
  • DASH darnnit!
  • Shove 5iver to cashier! Forget about receipt! No time, no time!
  • Get the hell outta there! (remember to look over shoulder intermittently coz you never know... them green-eyed demons!)
But at 7:30am, I didn't stand a blinkin' chance.

Snake-like queues started forming as early as 4am (don't Brits sleep?!!) and within minutes, the eco-friendly totes were snapped up. What the bleedy * &@b#*! *

Oi! Doesn't 'frump queen' count for anything? I'm royalty too, for crying out loud! Show some respect!

Unfortunately neither regal nor aristo status will get you anywhere in this Bag...I mean, Big country. It looks like momma's gonna be delayed by a few more weeks, my precious. But I'll be sure to get my hands on them pre-allocation orders once the US version goes online in May.

The US version in navy blue writing

+++++++++

According to the local tabloids, some queues began at 2am! And on ebay, the once-upon-a-yesterday 5 pound bag is already being sold for as much as 400 quid! For the love of @#g&@$!

These are hearsay reports, of course. I wouldn't know for sure since I wasn't even there.

Ah yes, I hear your jaws dropping collectively...what the?... konk konk splaaah.

Yesiree, I made a more sensible choice of bringing my mum out of London to the quiet serenity of the English countryside (and away from the bag-grabbin' London vultures!). We visited Stonehenge, Bath, Cotswolds and Stratford.

Here we are @ Stratford-upon-Avon (Birthplace of Shakespeare)

I surmise it was a much better way to spend the day. And a more valuable keepsake to store than any storage bag in the world.

So I guess that means I'm not shallow after all? *fingers tippity-tapping till May*

:P

4 comments:

Pooh said...

wah lao eh... the brits are even more KS than us! :O

Anonymous said...

hey siew, now u're really getting me into this "i'm not a plastic bag" bag ... hmmm ... may ask my bro to see if he get one for us from the US???

mabes

Unknown said...

ya man, who said that it's just singaporeans that are kiasu?! visited stratford-upon-avon yonks ago but i remember that i loved that place!

Shalom said...

Every one is always scared to lose out, we are just the smart alecks that coined the catchiest and most succint term for it... he he he.