Thursday, April 12, 2007

Look who's here for a visit?

I made a cursory mention of this in my previous post so in case you blinked and missed it - my momma's in da house! Uh-huh, uh-huh...

I can't begin to describe how wonderful it is to have someone from my side of the family visit for a change. I'm sooo thankful for this opportunity to share my life in London, as well as the places I frequent, with my mum.

We're taking it slow and easy for now. I fear jet lag and sore neck/shoulders are impeding my mum from venturing too far. So I'm starting with places around our vicinity first - visits to the various supermarkets (my mum's started to baulk at the prices of things here!), the commons, and thrift shops.

I do hope I make a good host. I so want my mum to enjoy her stay here...

But hosting duties aside, let the 'mee hoon kuay' feasting begin! Sluuuurp!

Look Grandma, daffodils!

Enjoying mee hoon kuay together

Salivary glands going on overdrive!

6 comments:

Chub & Chum said...

Mum Mum Mia!! Lucky You! Say hello to her for me :)

I am "B" said...

Hey... didnt miss it in your previous post BUT didnt hear you mention it either that your mum was going along for a visit!!

That is great news indeed... how long is her visit gonna be?

Anonymous said...

hey siew, sorry i know this is off ur blog topic ....

but who cut danielle's lovely locks!!!!

mabes

Anonymous said...

hehhe..

Now that mabes mention it..

Dun the grandma and grandchild look alike? Matching hair-do.. Like two peas in a pod..:)

Have a lovely time, mummy and mummy's mom..:)

As The Deer said...

Hehe happy tucking into yummy meals... and ya am sure she will have lots to tell us about how exorbitant things are over in ze UK. Hehe.

Unknown said...

oh me gosh, can you send me the recipe? the minute i saw that picture of the mee hoon kuay i forgot all my hatred of food (you know the weird food tendencies now)