Friday, February 02, 2007

For Mel - my parrot, ma sista in da hood, my nemesis...Happy Birthday!

Yoyoyo, ma 'chapati loving bee-yaa-tch'! Happy Birthday!!!

It seems a long time since we celebrated each other's birthdays in the same country.
These days, every well-wish has to be done via email, phonecall, sms & more recently,through this blog.

Today, what I want to say is simply:

I miss you, dear friend - our chats, drives, jibing at each other, the laughs,
and just hanging out.


I'm now a cracker without a parrot pecking at me incessantly.
Pls visit soon before I turn mouldy...


Heh heh.

*shudder*

I cringe at my own soppiness! But wait, there's more!

The next song/slideshow is dedicated to you. I'm sure you'll find the tune familiar. It was the 1st song used in the wedding slideshow done superbly by JH. Since then, every time I listen to the song, I think of you.

To begin, listen here, and watch the slideshow. Or watch the Japanese version of the song on YouTube.


Wishes -- Emi Fujita
I looked in the sky
and there I saw a star
shining so bright above

I closed my eyes
and wished upon the star
that I would
find true love

Someone who needed me..
Someone to share my life..
For a friendship that would be true I would wait forever

So... no... matter how long it may be..
I will be waiting

One star..
brighter than the others
Two Hearts..
beating for each other
I believe wishes really come true

Love at first sight
I knew it from the moment
when you said hello

I hoped you felt it too
but we were both so shy
how was I to know

when you reached for my hand
I knew you were the one
We laughed and talked for hours
like I'd known you forever

Like... a... dream or something from a book
True love has found me

One star..
brighter than the others
Two Hearts..
beating for each other
Now I see wishes really come true

You just have to dream
Nothing's as bad as it seems to be..
believe me..

Someone's waiting for you to try..
There in the sky..

One star..
brighter than the others
Two Hearts..
beating for each other
You will see wishes really come true

You can't stop believing
wishes do come true
You gotta believe me (wish on a star)
wishes do come true...

Here's wishing you a blessed 32nd(u old bird!) BIRTHDAY , and... a wonderful 1st 2nd WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! (did I just remind you? Hohoho!)


3 comments:

Pooh said...

yeah.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
:D

Anonymous said...

Hey my milo-maker, google-sylvia and feathered friend..:)

Have to re-type this again, the first entry did not get save somehow

What a walk down memory lane. All the poignant moments in one slide show, it was def a treat complete with Japanese singer as well ..lovely touch.. (Almost as good as JH!!..:)

The slide show brings back so much memories, like the one with me looking so stressed and ruffled before the wedding and not forgetting the foetus party ..(Dennis doing a Durex not Dumex) and through the different stages of hair growth .:) .. Everyday was a chirping Happy Bird-day for us..:)

And I opened your presents already and walking in new shoes today ..:) Thanks for them!!

Sure miss that constant echo around my ears.. 

Thanks for sending your love (love…love.. love..) from across the globe.

And ya, Andrew beat you to it. He reminded me that it was our 2nd year anniversary. (I thought it was 1st too) Apparently, there was 1 year of marriage that I was not part of.. hehe…

Sure miss you, my two legged feathered friend..:)

XXOxxOO

Saggs said...

Actually, Drew is right. You guys were married in 2005 so this yr DOES make it your second! :) I've changed it.

Happy Birthday again! *hugs*