Thursday, September 13, 2007

To the Lakes!

Windermere, Lake District

My bedroom is a mess. I've got bags of all different shapes and sizes - rucksacks, handbags, travelbags, strawbags, sgp NDP bags (!!!) - strewn all over the place. What was I thinking bringing all these bags to the UK anyway?!!

We are going on a roadtrip to the Lakes tomorrow, which explains the disarray. I'm highly anticipating this trip! It's Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth country for pete's sake!

Yippee yeah yeah yeah!

Judging from the things we've packed, you'd think we were going there for weeks, and not 4 days as planned.

Oh yeah, you can betcha we're psyched, set, and rearing to go! :)

In other news, my MIL will be arriving from Singapore later today.

Dee and I will resume our roles as - what I like to term - 'Side Orders'. Like a dish of mashed potatoes, or the underrated coleslaw - we are the uninteresting 'filler' dishes that are good to have, but pale parlously when compared with the exciting main entrée.

But I don't mind. I know I'm going to enjoy every minute of this holiday. Because really, I've got the best baby-sitter in tow.

Good weather, please!

* JH, Mel, we'll recce the area for you guys first so we know what to zero-in on when we do our roadtrip together in Oct! YAY!

2 comments:

Pooh said...

great stuff. enjoy ur trip!

Anonymous said...

Yay.. Cant wait to go on a road trip to Lake District. I heard it is a beautiful country.

Have a safe journey..:)