Friday, September 28, 2007

Confessions of a Slacker Mum

I have a confession to make.

I've been spending waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on Facebook. If you're dumbfounded how ANYone can spend so much time on a social networking application, you probably:
1) have not been roped in to join the community,
2) do not use the Internet much,
3) have BIGGER, BETTER, more IMPORTANT things to do, (and kudos to you if you do!)
4) are not a slippery slacker like me, or for that matter, not as boh liao...

I surmise its addictiveness thrives on one dreadful domino effect - someone sends me something through The Bakery/Boozemail/My Garden/My Aquarium etc, I send him/her something back. We embark on foodfights by throwing TV dinners/pigs trotters/coconut milk/an assortment of 'exotic' foods at each other, hurl acerbic Shakespearean insults (this I really like), see how similar we are by taking all sorts of insignificant polls, pet/feed each other's Fluff Pet...the list of moronic things to do on Facebook IS endless.

Everyone 'stays in touch' by being somewhat annoying. Which, I'm happy to be part of - especially now that I'm given MORE free time while MIL is here. Because, nothing thrills me more than being pesky to my friends. Heh.

So yes, I've been reduced to an annoying slacker mum. But hey, don't judge me.

1 comment:

Roslyn said...

Enjoy your me-time while your MIL's here. Don't feel guilty