Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Her love song

There's something vastly comforting about slurping a hot, steaming bowl of instant noodles in the middle of the night. I huddled over a pot with Dee last night, each of us taking turns to pick up mouthfuls of curly noodles, and depositing them into our eagerly waiting mouths.

And after, I had me a large bowl of couscous. Yes, the unsuppressed obsession resumes.

I have been feeling very peckish of late. In case you're even half suspecting - no, I am NOT pregnant. In fact the only 'bump' I'll be sporting will be a result of my late-night rendezvous with food.

Last night, as I stand over the hob - chopsticks poised in one hand, waiting for the noodles to cook - Dee saunters in. And in what can only be put down as a 'my-wife's-making-supper-for me-oh-I'm-so-happy-tee-hee-hee!' moment (never mind that it was only instant noodles), he leads me to the middle of our kitchen dancefloor and there, on the cold white tiles, we sway silently to a tune in our heads. What are you dancing to? I'm curious to find out. I begin to belt out the first words to my song.

'That.'


I received this video montage of Ian and Geri yesterday. As I watched it over YouTube, I couldn't stop blubbering.

The reason for my waterworks? The music accompaniment for 'The Bear Family' segment (about 1:40 mins into the montage) that was composed, worded, and sung by Geri herself.

Those lyrics, they get to me every single time.

Geri's heart-felt profession of love to my brother through this song resonates my own feelings towards Dee.

I think of how different my life would be without him.

With the exception of my sister, I can't think of anyone else who's touched my life as much as he has. A life filled with immeasurable joy, laughter, comfort, warmth, and most of all, Love.

So yes, if I could live my life from the start, I'd spend it with Dee again...



*Verse*

You light up my life, With your smile
Your laughing eyes
Whisper I love you

Safe and secure, In your arms
You help me endure
All that was meant to harm
When I am near you

*Bridge*
Unreserved is the love
you offer to me
Undeserved is that love
A much treasured gift
You are the Sun that shines through grey clouds
My umbrella in the rain

*Chorus*

You are the melody that plays in my heart
Endless with no refrains
even if we were to start again

You are the melody that plays in my heart
Endless with no refrains
even if I could live life from the start
I'd spend it with you again

*Verse*
You melt the dark, With your warmth
And when you laugh
You paint sunshine in my heart
And a rainbow

Now that we're one, Everyday
I can awake
To see your precious smile
I'm so blessed

*Bridge*
Unreserved is the love
you offer to me
Undeserved is that love
A much treasured gift
You are the Song that I hum in the shower
A kiss from God to take away the pain

*Chorus*

You are the melody that plays in my heart
Endless with no refrains
Even if we were to start again

You are the melody that plays in my heart
Endless with no refrains
Even if I could live life from the start
I'd spend it with you again

*Chorus*
You are the melody that plays in my heart
Endless with no refrains
Even if I could live life from the start
I'd spend it with you again

2 comments:

Roslyn said...

Beautiful song......

Daughter Of Sarah said...

Hugs Chi Chi!

Glad that the song resonates with your feelings for your hubby too. =D

I am glad it sings out your "heart song" for Dennis, as much as it does for the 2 of us.

Hope your friends will enjoy it too.

Lots of love,
Geri