Monday, May 19, 2008

Here's a low-down

I am decided. I AM TRASHING THE 5 REMAINING UNFINISHED, UNINSPIRED, UNSPEAKABLY BAD ENTRIES related to 'The 12 days of termbreak'. Gah! Good riddance!

In my world, this would be me doing 'a Mel'. It's a private joke. I'm not elaborating.

Speaking of Mel, I received a lovely surprise and letter from her today. Reading sentence after sentence of her squiggly handwriting brought back many fond memories and made me grin from ear to ear. I sure do miss her. Thanks so much for the woolly socks, ma parrot. Mornings are still rather chilly so I'll be able to wear these for a couple more days/weeks?


Anyway, here's the low-down:

  • It's Dee's bday this Wed. And I've just decided (like half a minute ago) that I'm going to throw him an 'intimate' dinner party at home. Just him, Cheeks and me. It's going to be a simple home-cooked meal but I'm eager to try out some new recipes. One of which, this.
  • We visited Fenny's on Sunday and had a feast of ayam kuning and mee siam. I made key lime pie for the first time. It was goooooood.
  • A new cafe is opening in the neighbourhood. Exactly when, I do not know. I just hope I get to relax there and have a cuppa before THE MOVE...
  • ...speaking of which, we've written to the estate agents informing them of our tenancy termination. *GULP*
  • My darling chichi is coming to London this Wednesday!!! Oh boy, I'm bubbling over with excitement here!
  • I popped down to Leicester Sq today to get Dee a last minute 2nd birthday gift. I got Gift 1 from New York, but thought what the heck! he deserves another.
  • Last Wed (14/5), Val and I committed parental kamikaze by going to an Orla Kiely sample sale on its opening day with kids in tow. We had to queue. It was crowded. The kids almost died of boredom. Val managed to bag quite a number of items despite the uncooperative kids. I didn't buy anything on Day 1 but went back the very next day for a second browse. That's when I finally caved in and got myself a bag. Why I need so many bags, I'll never know. Anyway, this one's brown with green handles and has O.K's signature stem prints plastered all over.
And finally...
  • I'm prone to 'phasing out' these days. I walked home from the Tube station today with a million and a half things on my mind. Cheeks has to repeat herself three times to get herself heard. I feel awful. I'm trying to be more focused. But it's hard when you've got a gazillion and a half things...

4 comments:

Roslyn said...

Happy birthday to Dennis in advance! Have a wonderful dinner. Been wanting to email you to ask how's things lately but didn't get the chance to, yet. Enjoy your sis's stay and have fun!

Roslyn said...

Ops! It's officially 21st. So Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

hey i didn't realise ur chi chi's gonna visit, is it just her?? or the whole troop???

can imagine ur excitement!!!

have lots of fun,
mabes

Roslyn said...

Happy Birthday, Dennis!

Adrian