Monday, February 18, 2008

We *heart* Cookies

Last Sunday (17 Feb), on the spur of a moment, I decided to bake belated birthday cookies for my niece, Huihui. She turned 5 this Valentine's Day.


Because we missed her bday do entirely, I wanted to make it up to her by surprising her with a batch of heart-shaped cookies - to show we were thinking of her despite the distance. But what began as a simple surprise became a full-fledged cookie-fest and I ended up baking for all the family.

For my Valentine girl

For the Tays

For ma folks
No icing as they'd find it too cloyingly sweet


Cheeks was ever the eager beaver. As a show of her 'commitment' to the baking session, she donned her HelloKitty apron, her groovy sleeve protectors, and took out her toy rolling pin and cookie cutters. She did all these BY HERSELF. She was that enthusiastic.

And as expected, she OD-ed on cookie dough and icing.

But we had oodles of fun and loads of pretty cookies after, and that's all that counts, eh? :)

Smiley faced hippo by Cheeks which she did for herself
It vanished within seconds of this photo

1 comment:

Daughter Of Sarah said...

Awesome! I wish we had an oven for Toa Payoh. Rio Vista has one that no one uses, and it is a pity coz it is a real good oven. Sadly, it is build in, so we can't just up and run away with it. Hehe.

Am glad Danielle has been using the Hello Kitty apron to full use. hehe. I bought Kae a Thomas The Train one but he hates wearing aprons, so I usually let him wear an oversized t-shirt instead.

So excited about tomorrow!!!!!!!!!