Thursday, March 08, 2007

Love 'im, Hate 'im

frustrating as an itch on your back you can't get to
irritating as a Newton hawkercentre tout
grating as nails scraping down a blackboard
irk-some as Steven Lim (ok, maybe Steven's worse)

Some love to hate him, others hate to love him. Whatever your view is, there will only be one David Caruso, only one inimitable Horatio Caine...

+++++++++

My first encounter with Horatio was an accidental one. I'd recently become addicted to CSI (Las Vegas) and when the Miami series began on Ch 5, I thought, 'what the heck', it can't stray that far from the original.

Maaaan, was I wrong!

With his gek ji der say 'sauve' swagger, the irritating way he puts his shades on, the perpectual nasal tone, and his infamous, skin-crawling one-liners - Horatio soon became 'TV Enemy No.1' in my books.

But the irony is, the more repugnant he was, the more glued I was to the excruciating series. I HAD to watch him to pass my snide remarks or snigger at every, single episode.

Just why are his lines so tacky? Why does he wear his sunnies even when he's indoors? Why does he act like he's People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive? Why David Caruso? Why Why Why?!

And now thanks to Mel, I can now share my irks with y'all. Enjoy tearing your hair out! Hohoho.

*Thanks for sending the videos, Mel. They sure 'made my day'. *gag*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to McHoratio when you're back this month. He ain't the real deal but he'll do for now...heehee.

Anonymous said...

The rate he keeps sprouting those 1 liners believing that he really have something IMPORTANT to say is painful to watch...

I just have this to say…..

(Looking down, camera pans in, me looking in deep concentration)... "Horatio" …(slowly slipping in my sun glasses. looking up, in dead pan expression)…"you have got to go, you have murdered CSI Miami”.. (move my hands at my side, camera pans away and catch me sweeping apart my jacket)

(walk away) …….

Anonymous said...

ROFL... yes yes Ian and I saw this video last year and I felt so annoyed by him too. Gimme "Heroes", "Dead Zone" and "Veronica Mars" any day hehe.