Thursday, March 01, 2007

1st (s)

Hi Sylvia,
...I wanted to ask you is whether you would like to join me for the wedding dress search on Thursday. Unfortunately the only timeslot I got was 11:00. This is nursery time for Danielle, isn´t it? I would love you to come with me and give me advice. How does that sound? Do you think it would be a disaster if Danielle skipped nursery on Thursday?
It will fabulous for Danielle to see all those beautiful dresses and you will probably be freaking out!

The store which is the Pronovia Flagship Store is in New Bond Street close to Oxford Street...


Love,
Silke and coughing Nelson

So off we went - 2 Mummies with kids in tow, in search of that perfect bridal gown for Silke's upcoming nuptials in July.

Today's outing was laced with bouts of nostalgia and surrealism. I mean, I've done bridal shop visits on occasion with my sis, and Mich. I did the whole 'flip-through bridal magazines' thingamajig with Mel, and perhaps, B?? But never for the life of me did I think I'd EVER step into a bridal boutique in London. No Way. Not in a million years.

But there I was - flipping through the Pronovias* catalog with Silke, giving nods and nays when she pointed out possible gowns, gasping when she tried some of them on. And of course, helping her snap photos in the gowns, steathily.

It was lovely doing girly things with a girlfriend. And for one, brief moment, it felt... almost like home?

* coincidentally, did you visit this shop too, Mabes?

On other firsts, Danielle had her 1st 珍珠奶茶. We sauntered to Leicester Square with Silke & Nelson and I soooo wanted to introduce bubble tea to them that I decided to throw caution to the wind and pay S$21 for 2 cups of authentic Taiwanese pao pao cha! Yes, you 'read' me right -- 21 friggin SGD. *coma*

Well, it's too late for regrets now. The QQ chewy pearls have been wolfed down, ice-blended strawberry milk tea quaffed by 'la (unstoppable) femmes'. That would be me and Danielle, merci beaucoup.

Silke was surprisingly quite adventurous with her choice of flavour. Especially since this was her first bubble tea experience. She chose a sesame milk tea with pearl. And they both loved it! In fact, she loved it so much she bought herself another cup on the way back!

My last 1st (hoho, an oxymoron!) for today -- looking at Dee & thanking God that despite his condition, I have more time with him. Oh don't get me wrong, I still pray for healing. But this extra time together? It's nice.

5 comments:

Chub & Chum said...

Hei Syl, am just catching up on your posts from the past few days. Just want to say that prayers are with you all. Take care and try not to worry too much. Tis hard I know and I can't begin to imagine how you feel....but just as you've encouraged me before "cast all your cares on Him"

Love
Mich, Brian & Godson

Anonymous said...

hey siew,

i think i went there with Poh ... Pronovias sound so familar ... remember going to at least 3-4 places with Poh ...

Did Danni love the dresses???? Hey Danni looks too big for prams now, prob more of a hassle making her walk everywhere!

and u know silly me, i didn't realise Dee was at home this whole time, i thot he actually was still going to the office ... guess he can't go in with a one-eye patch ...

hugs, mabes

Anonymous said...

Hey dearie,

I have to say dennis looks the cutest ever. The grin suits him..:)

well, that is the sliver lining that was coming. Finally some respite for dennis to enjoy domesticated UK life and help you with the dishes and cook dinner..:)

Btw, i thought Silke look so gorgeous in the gown. In case she is reading this blog - Silke, you have on your hands a hell of wedding planner..:) Syl loves wedding, she was born to organise wedding. i can be her reference..:) And best of all, if you need someone to cry at your wedding. She is the one!..:)

You are in our prayers Chan..:)

Plenty of misses and hugs

Anonymous said...

Hey Saggs!

I love the PRONOVIA gowns... in fact, the wedding gown i chose to hve my own modelled after was frm Pronovia... unfortunately, the stupid designer made it look nothing like the real deal... haaaiii! N'mind, he kinda made it up with the Evening Gown, which turned out really well...

Huggies,
B & Bojo

As The Deer said...

Hi Chi Chi... wish you could be here when I hunt my gown down too haha.

Miss U... honestly quite a lot.