Thursday, June 26, 2008

Gao Tu (The Art of Procrastination)

(yet ANOTHER backdated post)

Heh heh heh.

Ho ho ho.

Kekeke.

Oh please let me tell you why I'm chuckling to myself. Please please please? I'm just dying to tell y'all.

...

Okaay. Am deafened by the deathly silence from the other side (yes, I do mean you lot). What's that phrase? I can cut the silence with a knife? I can hear a pin drop? The silence was broken by a slow, fizzy, poofy noise because someone failed to raise a buttcheek?

I feel déjà vu-ish.

This feels familiar.

Ah yes. It's reminiscent of the MANY times MOM (how's that for a reference, QL!!!!) does a strange little soliloquy over MSN whenever I skirt off from the IM without telling her. Ho ho ho.

Anywayz, I'm wonderfully adept at changing the subject so let's get back to it already.

Chuckling. Why? Because I have a whole backlog of entries which I am looking at in utter disdain. Oh, the tribulations of tu-ing!

So excuse me while I gather bits from here and there and try to piece my life - as of last week - together...

Thursday:
Dennis' cousins, Enrica & Eudora, who were in London/Paris for a 2-week holiday, treated us to a night off and tickets to see Avenue Q.

It was a riot! (the musical that is, not that Hubs and I staged one. Although quite frankly, I wouldn't mind protesting the need for more nights off ! :P)

Critics hail it as 'an irreverent parody of Sesame Street'.

Spot.On.

Brash, totally un-PC and absolutely unapologetic about it, I soaked up the ribaldry, gawped at the salacious scenes, and marvelled at the skilful puppeteering. And all the songs were catchy and rip-roaringly hilarious! A must-see on Broadway!

I was happy to enjoy a nightout with Dee. Occasions like these are so hard to come by, so few and far between. Sometimes I forget how it is to be just us - where conversations are not laced with anecdotes about Cheeks, work updates, or family. We walked hand in hand, snuggled in our theatre seats, finished each other sentences, enjoyed us.

That night, we were simply Saggs and Dee, not Mummy and Papa.

1 comment:

Roslyn said...

Sweeeet......:)