Saturday, December 15, 2007

Treats, por favor

'Vi hoy a esclavo hacer más de gran alcance que el emperador de Roma!'
And my obviously brilliant riposte:

Si, si, muy bien, gracias, lo hicimos, buonas noches, rapido!
and every other friggin Spanish exclamation I picked up from 'Dora the Explorer'!

HA!

The husband is watching 'Gladiator' in español now. I'd like to refer to him in the '3rd person' from now on, if that's alright with you? It is? Oh, I knew you'd understand. Muchos gracias!

We live in strange times.

I, live in strange times, with, I might add, a very strange man.

The choice of Spanish for an English language movie eludes me. He says it's to help him sleep. I say conversing with me should do the trick.

...

And here is where I digress...

In a season where overabundance and overindulgence take precedence, our family has certainly been spoiled rotten with a plethora of treats.

Take for instance, Saturday.

FREE TREAT
: We met Yumiko, Yuki, Mari & Kensei at Empire in Leicester Square for a free movie. Yumiko had secured free tickets (from the good people at Dolby. Husband's friends) to the screening of Dreamworks latest animation flick, Bee Movie, and had kindly invited Danielle and me along. This marked Danielle's first experience watching a movie at the cinema, and my 1st ever cinema visit in the UK!

The movie was hilarious! But, I'm going to leave it at that in case I blabber out spoilers.

Post movie, we went for bubble-tea as was Yuki's favourite drink eversince I introduced it to her months back. Mari and Kensei tried it for the very first time. Everyone was bubbly chewy smiley.

And very hyper after.

Yuki & Cheeky

Kensei slurping his Taro pearl milk tea

COMPANY's a TREAT: Hopped onto bus 29 towards Camden for tea at V's. She was leaving for Stockton that evening so was eager to pass her Mabes' & Zach's gifts so they could unwrap them at Christmas. We always enjoy V's company as she's so unpretentious and unwittingly funny. Danielle made herself right at home in V's room - helping herself to pens and whatnots for doodling, strumming Angela's (V's flatmate) guitar and coercing V to sing 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' with her. Repeatedly. And oh, she asked V to show her how to draw people with 'no clothes' after flipping through V's life sketchings. Which, I'm happy to report, V failed to comply.

doodlin'-a-doodlin'

And finally.

SWEET SEXY TREAT: After V's, we returned home to an errant but repentant Papa (who stayed home nursing a hangover brought about by the office christmas party). I wanted to make a fresh batch of Christmas cookies for Val's steamboat do on Sunday so whipped out my cookie cutters and began readying the dough. This time, Papa happily chipped in - probably hoping to absolve himself from his unacceptable drunken stupor which had me fraught with worry and barely 2hrs of sleep! Gaaah!He turned out to be quite the cookie decorator, creating many a 'fanciful' icing embellishment, like this blog-stopper:

There's no mistaking it - my man's bringing sexy back this Christmas. Oh yeah Santa baby yeah...




* realise this doesn't quite explain the excess we've been indulging ourselves in. I'll try to illustrate that in my next blog entry. Probably in español .

3 comments:

Pooh said...

hahaha..is that suppose to be you?

Anonymous said...

oh.. wonderful.
you get to go to the movies in London, finally!!

Sweet..:)

Anonymous said...

ROFL... sexy is indeed back.

Haha Danielle and her request to learn how to draw people with no clothes on... ROFL!!!!

I didn't watch Bee movie coz some animator friends dissed it and due to budget constraints, we try to watch the better stuff at the theatres - so we skipped it for Stardust. I am curious though... hmmm must borrow DVD le.

Alvin and the Chipmunks = airing here! Wanna go watch! i think Danielle might like Enchanted. =D